The Organisers, the Hungarian Society of Surgery and the Department of Surgery, Transplantation and Gastroenterology of Semmelweis University warmly invite you to the fourth Budapest Proctology Workshop to be held on 17-18 November 2023.
Our first meeting was organized in 2016, followed by two more conferences. Several hundred surgeons from 27 countries attended the courses and, according to the participants’ feedback, they were highly successful. Our meetings are unique in that we concentrate on everyday problems of proctology we face daily in our proctological units. However, we also offer topics related to complex perineology: pelvic floor surgery, dermatology, urology and gynaecology.
Our workshops are unique in another aspect as well: there is plenty of time left for discussion and the audience is able to actively take part in the debate (the official language is English). We are committed to coming back again and again to the basic topics, such as haemorrhoids, fistula or fistula surgery, but we also think it necessary to introduce new subjects.
This time we intend to approach proctology and perineology from a thrilling aspect: faults, complications and difficulties.
As usual, the leading European experts will be invited.
Some of the planned main topics:
- Minimum conditions of proctology practice and examination
- Pelvic pain: an undervalued problem
- Evidence: how strong is our belief?
- HPV: is it still a shaded zone for proctologists? Other sexually transmitted diseases
- Pelvic organ prolapse: an outstanding example of multidisciplinary challenge.
- Fissures, ulcers, fistulas and haemorrhoids: strong facts and strong controversies
- Pruritus ani and other perianal dermatological conditions
Hoping that this meeting will once again provide diagnostic insight and therapeutic assistance in a wide range of complex proctology and perineology issues, we kindly invite you to the 4th Budapest Proctology Meeting!